The Many Benefits Of A Healthy Smile
If you are embarrassed about your smile because of imperfections in your gums and teeth, a smile makeover at Sherman Oaks Dentistry may be in order. Whether it’s just a minor chip, a cracked tooth, or you have teeth missing, we can correct the issue using cosmetic dentistry techniques such as Clear Correct braces, dental implants, dentures, porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, and more. With our cosmetic dental services, your Van Nuys dentist can transform your gums and teeth so that they are much brighter and considerably more symmetrical. From teeth whitening procedures to treating TMJ, or adding veneers, to even teeth implants, we specialize in it all. Our team of dentists is one of the best in California, with years of experience in helping people feel and look better.
Did you know that your smile is the basis for numerous value judgments? It’s true. A person with a near perfect smile stands a much better chance of landing that dream job than the individual with broken, chipped, cracked, or missing teeth. Your appearance has a lot to do with how people judge you and your status. Plus, people with good teeth tend to be happier and healthier overall. Although cosmetic dental issues rarely threaten your physical health, a perfect smile has certain oral, psychological, and sociological benefits to be aware of.
Straight Teeth Means A Healthier You
There are a number of ways in which a dentist in Van Nuys, CA can make you a healthier person. For instance, by straightening your teeth, you will have healthier gums and decrease your risk of developing periodontal disease. Straight teeth also help decrease the onset of headaches and neck pain, while reducing the risk of injury to your teeth. Furthermore, when your teeth are straight they are easier to clean, so there is less chance of developing cavities and plaque build-up.
With straight teeth, there is less abnormal tooth wear to contend with. Basically, straight teeth improve your overall health, and you may be a happier person. Plus, it will improve your self-esteem. ADA studies have also shown that when you do not have straight teeth and cannot clean them properly, it promotes the growth of infection causing bacteria. If left uncorrected, over time this could result in the development of more serious health concerns including diabetes, heart disease, pneumonia, and strokes.
Why Should You Have A Smile Makeover?
For many individuals, smiling can be a painfully embarrassing situation because they are self-conscious about their teeth. This embarrassment is attributed to certain imperfections such as breakage and cracks, discoloration, jagged edges, large gaps in between teeth, and misshapen gums.
Although their overall health may not be affected by these problems, their confidence and self-esteem typically suffer. Furthermore, individuals with brighter, aesthetically-appealing smiles are more approachable and confident.
How Sherman Oaks Dentistry Can Help
It goes without saying that a smile makeover performed by a qualified dentist in Van Nuys, CA can do wonders for your appearance and your self-esteem. Additionally, it can dramatically improve your professional life as well as your social life. So in addition to the physical benefits, there are emotional and psychological benefits as well. Sherman Oaks Dentistry offers a comprehensive range of cosmetic dentistry procedures and services such as:
- Clear Correct braces – If you want straighter teeth but the thought of wearing metal braces is holding you back, Clear Correct braces is the perfect alternative for you. Not only are they invisible, there are no metal brackets and wires to contend with.
- Dental implants – If your teeth have been broken or damaged in any way or you have teeth missing, these are the ideal option for improving tooth function, as well as your smile.
- Dentures – With vast improvements over the years, dentures are still a proven prosthetic. Today, they are considerably more comfortable and much easier to wear.
- Porcelain veneers – These can correct several different dental problems and are an ideal smile makeover tool to consider, especially if you have misshapen teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – As one of the more popular cosmetic dentistry procedures, our in-office procedure will afford you brighter, whiter teeth within an hour. Walk out with a dazzling smile that lasts for a long time.
If you have concerns about your teeth and are tired of hiding your smile, contact Sherman Oaks Dentistry and make an appointment with a Van Nuys dentist today. Not only will you be more confident in your appearance, you will be a much happier, healthier person overall. Call us today to know about the insurance and other costs. We can quickly evaluate the procedures that may be needed to make your teeth healthy, and get that perfect smile today.