f you want to improve your overall dental care and enhance your teeth and smile, there are two options you should consider: crowns and veneers. Although both are amazing, with the right information, you’ll be able to make a more comprehensive decision as to which one suits your dental needs best. Continue reading for more information.
Crowns & Veneers: What Are They?
Veneers and crowns are a type of restorative dentistry procedure . Crowns and veneers enhance the appearance and functionality of your teeth. However, their difference relies on how a tooth is extracted and how the teeth are covered.
Veneers are perfect for correctable issues such as cracked , stained , and chipped teeth . In most cases, veneers correct the colors of teeth and misalignments.
- Veneers prevent discoloration of the teeth. In the case of colored teeth, since veneers cover your actual teeth, they can help you get the pearly white color everyone wants for their teeth.
- Veneers don’t need a lot of maintenance. That means veneers are a great investment in the long-run.
- Veneers help you increase and gain your confidence. By enhancing your already beautiful smile, you get to regain and increase the confidence you had before.
Crowns are the alternative when veneers don’t work for you because the issues are more profound. Crowns are perfect for preventing any teeth issues from extending.
With crowns, you avoid the possibility of tooth extraction. Issues that crowns can help with are broken teeth, cracked teeth, and in other cases, crowns help when a root canal is needed.
- Crowns can help salvage damaged teeth. Since crowns are made for deeper dental issues, they can help you correct them.
- Crowns protect in case of tooth decay. Crowns ensure no kind of bacteria or harm are coming in contact with your teeth.
- Crowns can be permanent. Meaning crowns are a good investment over the long run. You only need to maintain them but change them once every ten years.
Get The Right Dental Procedure At Sherman Oaks
Regardless of which option you choose, you must get safe and reliable dentistry. At Sherman Oaks Dentistry, we can help. We have all the tools any dentist needs to ensure you get a fast and proper crown or veneer. Plus, your experts are available to answer any question you may have regarding the procedures for each service.